The Soup was lovely, maybe I went a bit to mad with the ginger but I got used to it and liked it, kind of felt like the ginger was doing you good, keeping away all those cold germs. I forgot the almonds in my rush to eat it!
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh ginger
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chilli powder
800ml vegetable stock
2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- Finely chop the onion, and gently sautee in plenty of olive oil. When it is just about done, add the finely chopped garlic and ginger and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the cardamom, cumin and chilli, fry for 30 seconds, then add the parsnips.
- Fry for a few seconds more, add the stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to minimum and simmer for 20 minutes until the parsnips are cooked.
- Allow to cool, then liquidise with a stick blender. Test for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Reheat, and serve with a sprinkling of the toasted almond flakes and some freshly ground black pepper.
Here I am in my Pizza delivery person's cook outfit, the hat will be ditched in the early hours of tomorrow morning and I will be washing my hair, hooooorrrrrrraaaaahhhhhhh, (read last posts if you don't understand) Have to say it's been quite liberating not washing my hair, perhaps I should sign up for the Jungle, or maybe not.
No funny comments about the apron thank you!