I used to be a school librarian, I wasn't so keen on the boring stuff like terrorising small children for overdue books, but the books and inviting weird and wonderful authors and Illustrator's in to the school, now that I liked. The weirder the better! which brings me neatly to my favourite of all time, Korky Paul of Winnie the Witch Fame. He stayed at our house and my kids loved him He had a heated discussion with my 8 year old son at the time, about being a vegetarian and how to make use of your unicycle! He new he could take the fight he gave him, they enjoyed each others company, it was good for my son! He bought the best out in my eldest son who was then 10, he was kind and encouraging, he improved his confidence. He left me a fantastic miniature Winnie the Witch book, which is fondly called "My Minnie Winnie".
The other pile of books are a few of my favourites at the moment.
From the top:
- A year by the sea, Joan Anderson.
- The Secret, Rhonda Byrne.
- Hens Dancing, Raffaella Barker,
- Design Sponge at Home, Grace Bonney.
- Pure Style, Jane Cumberbatch.
- The gift to be simple, Bill Coleman.
- Etcetera etc, Sibella court.
- Bourke street bakery, Paul Allam and David Mcguinness. Go to
- http://www.bourkestreetbakery.com.au/ to see the shop in Sydney Australia, if only it was nearer! the book is the next best thing!
- Wall, Andy Goldsworthy
I've also been listening to some old music of mine, firstly James Taylor , a dvd or cd well worth buying is James Taylor's One man band, check out one of the song's Sweet baby James. He is so lovely and has very good taste in his choice of place to live, the Berkshires New England.
Carly Simon, very very loud in the car is best, excellent. Try this and this to start with, no laughing at the clothes, it was a while back! I love her and think she an amazing voice and an interesting face.
I've had busy work day's this week, so sorry for not blogging yesterday, I fell asleep instead!
I've exercised the past few day's, it hasn't been easy!