Today I am sickened by the end of a 25 year old life that occurred in London yesterday, I can’t and don’t want to imagine the grief of Lee Rigby’s parents.
I was going to have a good old rant about thing’s that I believe are wrong, but instead I am going to share with you 25 things that I think are good about the U.K, that’s one good thing for each year of 25 year old Lee Rigby’s life.
1. The ability to put on a huge military ceremony with all its pomp and splendour.
2. The recent Olympics staged in London.
3. Some amazing restaurants serving excellent food.
4. Our beautiful countryside.
5. Cathedrals and other historic buildings (could be 25 things on its own)
6. The National Trust
7. Stunning gardens, public and private.
8. Our ability to come together and help in times of disaster.
9. Craftsmanship handed down through the centuries.
10. Our sense of humour
12. Period Dramas
13. No adverts on BBC1 and BBC2
15. Rain (it would be a lot less green without it)
16. Chelsea Flower Show
17. The National Garden Scheme little yellow book
18. Seasons (bit odd at the moment, but we do have them)
19. Sunday Roast
20. Sculpture Parks
22. English Heritage
23. Art Galleries and Museums
25. Music and talented artists.
So that’s my 25, but I’m sure you have some of your own.
R.I.P Lee Rigby, and from a parent of two sons of similar age I am truly sorry.
It takes a lot of time and effort to bring up a child into a well rounded human being, to have that taken away from you is unforgivable.