A Little Bit of Nice – Terms and Conditions
The aim of this document is to inform our lovely customers of the terms and conditions upon which we sell and supply the goods and services (products) listed on our Website.
When you place an order with us you are agreeing to be legally bound by our conditions and will be unable to proceed with your purchase if you do not accept them. Please be aware that our Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time and it is your responsibility to check for any changes when you re-visit our site.
Use of the Website
Please refer to our website policy on www.alittlebitofnice.com
Who You Are Buying From
The term a little bit of nice or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Karen Barclay and the term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our Website.
- For all ready made items the prices are as stated on our website. Bespoke items are priced according to the design, size etc and will be agreed with you as part of the ordering process. This will be detailed in a letter to yourselves as part of our on-going communication with yourselves.
- Unless otherwise stated all our prices are exclusive of VAT as we are not VAT registered.
- If we need to increase the cost of a product due to any factor beyond our control ie significant cost rise of labour, materials, foreign exchange fluctuation, we reserve the right by giving you notice at any time before delivery. This is however unlikely and you shall be entitled to cancel the order at any time before delivery of the goods and /or we have commenced providing the services.
Contracts: How they are formed
- When you place an order we translate this into an offer by you to purchase the goods and/or services within the order. This is subject to these Terms and Conditions and any details on the product page.
- Initially we will contact you via email to acknowledge your order. Due to the nature of the bespoke quilts we shall spend some time with yourselves gathering as much information as we and you require to ensure all the details are included on your quilt. When we are both happy that everything has been covered we will send you a detailed letter including all the information we have collected to ensure we are both happy before commencing the work. The contract between you and us will relate only to those goods detailed in the letter.
- Purchases may be paid for by cheque or bank transfer. We ask for a 50% deposit for all bespoke items and we ensure all payments are cleared before the commencement or dispatch of the goods or services to you.
- Orders for stock items will be supplied within a maximum of 30 days from the date we accept your order.
- Orders for bespoke items are likely to exceed 30 days, if an item is required for a specific date then we will agree this before accepting your order. In all other circumstances we will provide an estimated delivery date before your order is confirmed, however this may be subject to some flexibility in busy periods and we will keep you informed throughout.
- We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of so refusing or by reason of unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- We respectfully ask that all clothes posted to us are packaged in a sealed plastic bag inside a strong cardboard box securely bound with packing tape to ensure safe delivery. Please label these clearly with our name and address and the sender details. We have found the best service to be Royal Mail next day delivery tracked and signed but obviously if you prefer another courier that is your choice. Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for clothing that goes missing either to us or back to you and all items are posted at your risk. The cost of postage is payable by the client and this includes the cost of returning any unused items to yourself, we shall inform you of the cost of returning the items and once the payment has cleared we shall return them to you.
- Once the items are received by us they are placed into labelled sealed plastic boxes for safety until we commence the quilt.
- Where we are prevented from or delayed in carrying out obligations under these customer terms due to circumstances beyond our control including acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, inclement weather, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or an inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials then the performance of our obligations shall be postponed for the period of time that the circumstance continue.
- We will of course bear the costs of returning any clothing to you and refund all monies due if we are unable to complete your order.
- The goods will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- The goods remain under our ownership until all monies including the cost of delivery are received.
Returns and Exchanges
- You have 14 days from the receipt of the goods to notify us if you wish to return an item.
- Please notify us in the first instance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org of your decision to cancel.
- The goods must be returned in a saleable condition and you are responsible for the costs of return delivery using the signed for method and retain a proof of posting.
- If we think goods have been used beyond the handling necessary we reserve the right to reduce the amount of money refunded and will process the refund within 14 days of the receipt of the goods subject to the returns policy Terms and Conditions.
PLEASE NOTE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL DOES NOT APPLY TO PERSONALISED, BESPOKE AND MADE TO MEASURE GOODS WITH YOUR CHOICE OF NAME, FABRIC, MESSAGE, DESIGN OR ANY OTHER CUSTOMISED ASPECT. THIS INCLUDES ALL THE BESPOKE MEMORY QUILTS. THESE ARE UNIQUE TO YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND CAN OBVIOUSLY NOT BE RE-SOLD. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS IF THE PRODUCT IS FAULTY.
- With regard to the bespoke items it is imperative that all the details in your order confirmation ie name spelling, dates etc are correct. This is why we send out a confirmation letter, please check this carefully as we cannot be responsible for any misspellings that result from information that you supply.
- Once the deposit is paid this is confirmation that you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions and the agreed total price to be paid.
- You have 14 days from the payment of your deposit to notify us if you wish to cancel a bespoke item.
- We reserve the right to cancel the order after this time at our discretion if we have not begun work on it, once we have commenced work it cannot normally be cancelled.
- If you cancel the order then the costs of returning any clothing will be met by you and we may deduct reasonable costs for any work undertaken or unrecoverable costs incurred before your cancellation decision.
- All items remain our property until the full balance has been received and cleared.
We aim to provide a first class service for all our lovely clients and we hope that we exceed your expectations.